PARTY POSTPONED!
Sadly, things are not looking good for my party in September next year. The Australian border is still closed (see: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-international-travellers#travel-out-of-australia), and is likely to remain closed until June next year, if not longer (https://www.traveller.com.au/australia-travel-ban-likely-to-remain-until-late-2021-tourism-industry-calls-for-talks-h1raqp). The timeline for a vaccine keeps being extended, and current thoughts about opening our borders are that we will start with New Zealand and other COVID-free (or low number) countries, but Europe (and the USA) will remain off limits for a while for Dagmar and I and our Australian-based friends.
That means that, with pain in my heart, I have decided to postpone the party until 2022. I was so looking forward to being there with you all in 11 months’ time, but the reality seems to be that we are stuck on the other side of the planet for a while longer.
If you have booked Tuscany for September 2021, and would still like to go by yourself, you will have to confirm directly with Bellavista or Raccianello if you want to keep your reservations.
In the meantime, can you get back to me if you have any preferences for potential dates in 2022?
-------
Comments
Post a Comment